Bananas have a nasty habit of often ripening too quickly. You turn over for a moment and suddenly they are overripe. All well and good if you only have a few, but if you’ve bought more than you can eat, you often end up with a plethora of bananas that aren’t very tasty anymore. Fortunately, you don’t have to throw them away, because overripe bananas are perfect for baking; in fact, many people buy bananas specifically to ripen and bake them! Making your own banana bread can be a perfect way to turn these bananas into a juicy and blissful treat, and when you include cannabis, it can only get better. So here is our recipe for cannabis banana bread! Note: In this recipe, you will need cannabis butter (cannabutter). The recipe to make it yourself can be found here.
- 250 grams white flour
- 450-600 grams mashed ripe bananas
- 125 grams chopped, roasted pecans
- 115 grams granulated sugar
- 90 gram honey
- 65 grams of sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cannabis butter
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- Optional: Other chopped nuts of your choice, such as walnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Grease a baking pan of about 23x13cm. 2. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, sugar and baking soda. Mix everything well. 3. In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add the mashed banana, honey, sour cream, butter and the vanilla essence. 4. Now it’s time to combine the contents of the two bowls. Gently mix all the dry ingredients with the wet ones and mix them until an even substance is formed. 5. Now add the chopped nuts. These can be nuts of your choice, but pecans and walnuts work best. 6. Pour the mix into your baking pan and put it in the oven for about an hour until it is golden brown. You can test the bread by inserting a bamboo skewer. If the skewer comes out dry, the bread is ready. 7. Allow the bread to cool in the mold for about 5-10 minutes, before pouring it out onto a wire rack to cool completely. You have now baked a cannabis banana bread that can be eaten immediately. You could make 10-12 buzz-inducing servings of it, depending on how strong your butter is. Remember, it may take 45-90 minutes for the effects to be noticeable. Enjoy your meal!