Imagine a combination of ice cream and your favorite cannabis strain. Doesn’t that sound perfect? Stop dreaming and make it the reality! It’s time to tantalize those taste buds. You’ll be surprised how easy it is to make ice cream enriched with cannabis. We’ve created a short, handy video that will give you an idea of how to make cannabis ice cream. But you don’t have to follow the video while cooking. Below we discuss the recipe, so you can work at your own pace.
ICE CREAM WITH CANNABIS, HOW ABOUT IT?
Cannabis ice cream is simply another way to enjoy your weed. This is also the case with other cannabis edibles. But cooling off with ice cream on a hot summer day, while also enjoying a nice buzz, does sound very idyllic. Just be careful! As with all edibles, it’s easy to eat too much. Before you know it, you’ve used it all up and you’re on a huge high! To keep your portions in proportion, you can divide your ice cream and store it in smaller containers. That way you won’t lose yourself in the delectable flavors of your ice cream. Before that happens, you need to take some actions to actually fabricate that frozen treat.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN ICE CREAM WITH CANNABIS?
Video id: 268590134 Have you watched the video? Then here’s a handy overview of all the ingredients and equipment needed to make this fantastic, ice-cold treat. We also discuss how to prepare your cannabis for consumption and, of course, how to make your own cannabis ice cream.
- 5g hash or 10g of finely ground buds
- 500ml whipped cream (or vegan version)
- Pinch of salt
- 400g banana
- 75g sugar or other sweetener
- 3 tbsp rum
- 2 tbsp butter (or vegan variety)
- 5 tbsp honey (or vegan variety)
Of course, you may substitute the above ingredients with other products. You can also add other foods to satisfy your taste buds (like nuts, cookies, etc…).
- Large baking sheet
- Baking paper
- Spatula or wooden spoon
For ice cream:
- Two large saucepans
- Large bowl
- Dish with lid for the freezer
Before we move on to making ice, we need to cover a hugely important topic: decarboxylation. Don’t worry, this won’t be a complicated lesson (it’s about ice cream, after all!). We’ll cover the basics so you can quickly get the most out of your cannabis ice cream. Decarboxylation is all about heating cannabis to the point where cannabinoid acids turn into active cannabinoids. Put very simply, decarboxylation ensures that your edibles are psychoactive. If the plant material does not undergo this process, it does not induce a high. Decarboxylation happens automatically when smoking or vaping. This is because of the flame or heating element. But decarboxylation of edibles requires some preparation. There are a number of ways to decarboxylate. In the first method, you use a conventional oven:
- Preheat your oven to 105-110°C.
- Grind your weed into small pieces, but don’t turn it into a powder. Place your product on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and place in the oven for 30-45 minutes.
- Once the buds are a light brown color, they are ready. During baking, scoop the weed several times to ensure even heating.
- When the baking time is up, let the cannabis cool down a bit first. Now the infusing can begin!
In another method of decarboxylation, you place your cannabis in vacuum-sealed plastic bags. You cook these for about 1 hour in a saucepan or pressure cooker. After cooking, remove the bag from the pan. Voilà! You now have decarboxylated cannabis, with no browning.
You now have all the supplies, so it’s high time for the next step!
- Pour the cream into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Put the butter, sugar and salt in a second saucepan over medium-high heat and let it melt while you stir.
- Take your ground, decarboxylated weed and stir it into the saucepan with the butter, sugar and salt. Make sure to distribute it evenly.
- Whisk the warm cream into the butter mixture with the whisk attachment.
- Mash the banana in a large bowl.
- Once the banana is mashed, you can add the cream mixture, rum and any other ingredients to the bowl.
- Mix everything together until the entire mixture has a paste-like texture.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for several hours, until it begins to have a mushy texture.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer and pour the mixture into a suitable container.
- Beat again until an even mixture forms.
- Place a lid on the container and put your ice cream back in the freezer until it is solid.
And that’s all you need to do to make your own ice cream with cannabis. Does it sound simple? We think so too! Now the remaining question is which cannabis strain is best suited for making ice cream. Fortunately, we have a few suggestions for you. Read more below.
THE BEST STRAINS FOR ICE CREAM
Do you already have a strain in mind for your ice cream? That’s absolutely fine! But could you use a suggestion for the best flavors and biggest buzz? We heartily recommend the strains below!
It’s probably not surprising that we chose this strain. Choco Haze is a sativa-dominant cross with a sweet taste. This, of course, goes perfectly with ice cream. Delicious, rich chocolate flavors are of course a classic in ice cream, but also in cannabis strains. Choco Haze elicits a powerful, yet calm, smooth high with no brain freeze!
Gelato is characterized by incredibly sweet fragrances. Yet she also possesses full, varied and structured flavors, in a good way. Delectable hints of lemon, mint and vanilla tease your taste buds. This strain just screams to be added to edibles. Don’t wait any longer and add Gelato to your cannabis ice cream today!
As the name suggests, you can expect a true taste explosion. In the spotlight are bananas and strawberries, finished with a matching, clean and pleasant aroma. Add to that a relaxing, long-lasting high and you’ll know that this is the perfect strain for any ice cream recipe! Strawberry Banana is enriched all sweet edibles.
STORING ICE CREAM WITH CANNABIS
You’ve made that delicious ice cream all by yourself. Of course, it’s important to store it correctly. Since this is ice cream, your freezer is the only option. There is a good rule of thumb for homemade edibles: write the production date on the container. Ice cream contains dairy products. Over time it can spoil, or lots of ice crystals will form. Are you unsure if you can still eat your homemade ice cream? Smell the ice cream and then you’ll soon know enough. But with proper care, your cannabis ice cream will keep for at least 2-3 months. Anyway, who are we kidding here? It’s probably long gone before then. A tasty, unique edible that you make in a jiffy certainly doesn’t last long!