Pizza is perhaps one of the most amazing dishes on this “green” earth. Like a blank canvas for an artist, a pizza crust can be covered in a generous number of colors and variations to satisfy even the most discerning enthusiast. That said, of course there’s always room for improvement, right? And that’s especially true when weed is involved! Your love for pizza will rise to a whole new level with the Wietza!
Method 1: The extra pinch of weed
Here’s where you make your pizza as you normally would (it doesn’t matter if your pizza is homemade or store-bought). About 8 minutes before your pizza is ready, take it out of the oven and sprinkle some weed or hash on your pizza. Once you’ve added this extra layer of garnish to your pizza, add some extra cheese and put your pizza back in the oven, lowering the temperature so it can bake a little more thoroughly. Important: Baking at a temperature higher than 160°C will vaporize the THC and make the pizza ineffective. To preserve all the goodness in your pizza, set the oven to about 120°C and bake until the cheese is melted.
Method 2: Fused pesto weed sauce
For this you will need the following:
- 450 ml cannabis oil
- 900 ml basil (40 grams)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 25 grams of Parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste
- pizza dough, rolled out and/or ready-made
- tomatoes, in slices
- your favorite pizza toppings
If you don’t have cannabis-infused olive oil on hand, you can read how to make it here!
- Puree the pesto ingredients with the cannabis oil in a food processor. If the cannabis oil is very strong, you can mix standard olive oil and cannabis oil.
- Spread the pesto over the rolled or pre-baked pizza dough and add your favorite toppings as well.
- Bake the pizza until golden brown, at a temperature no higher than 130°C, so you don’t vaporize the majority of the cannabinoids.
- Once the pizza is baked: Enjoy your meal!
Have you enjoyed a “cannabis pizza” yourself? We’d love to hear all about it in the comments below!